Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Payroll software installation
Payroll software installation [message #302888] Wed, 27 February 2008 04:42 Go to next message
shalin
Dear friends,

I am an new member to this forum. We are going to install one customized oracle 9i payroll application software in our company.We have a LAN connection.
Around 20 users are there. First we want to install the application in the server.Through server ,other clients should access that application.
Please advice me how to install that application in the server and
clients.What are the steps involved?
Please guide me with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

s.kiran
Re: payroll software installation [message #303815 is a reply to message #302888] Sun, 02 March 2008 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Get the people how customised the software to install it for you or find the associated documentation and read it.

David
Re: installation [message #303909 is a reply to message #302888] Mon, 03 March 2008 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaz
Hi there,

For Oracle 9i, I usually do the following:

ON SERVER SIDE:

1- Install Application Server Infrastructure on the dedicated Server.
2- Install Oracle AS 9i on this server.
3- Try Accessing all the URL's provided during the Installation to make sure that your installation is OK. Log in to the Enterprise Manager and Startup all the Components.
4- Make sure all the required Oracle Services are Up and Running.
5- Deploy all your developed FORMS/REPORTS on the Server (Save them in an assigned directory. Note: do not use SPACES when creating your directories)
6- Configure your registry Keys to point to the Directory/ies where the Forms/reports have been deployed.
7- You can also install Oracle developer Suite on the same Server if you require to Develop your Application.

ON CLIENT SIDE:

Once you have successfully installed your Application Server and deployed your Application (Forms and Reports). Try accessing your Forms from the CLIENT through the Application Server URL, ex:
Quote:
http://<your new AS server>:<port dedicated like 7777 or 7778>/forms90/f90servlet?form=<one of your Deployed Forms>

Hope this gives you a good Start.
Again this is a summary of the main steps that I usually follow.

Comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
Baz
Re: payroll software installation [message #304088 is a reply to message #302888] Tue, 04 March 2008 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akramrabaya
i will suppose that oracle database already instaled on server and developer runtime installed in all stations

1. create a folder on server suppose it is d:\payroll and copy your application files inside it

2. share this folder and give permission to all users so they can read

3. make a datebase link to the server. u can do that in two ways
a. use oracle net8 easy config. and and it will ask you about server ip address and the host string name

b. you can go to this file and open it using notepad D:\orant\NET80\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA then coppy this inside it :

a1 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.1)(PORT=1521))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL))
)

4. go to the stattion and access payroll folder on server create a short cut on your disktop to indicate the starting file on the applicatyion

5. now go shortcut that you create on your disktop and change the target to be like this :

D:\orant\BIN\ifrun60.EXE \\192.168.1.1\payroll\START.fmx username\password@A1

notes :
192.168.1.1 is server ip address
\\192.168.1.1\payroll\START.fmx start is the begining file 4 your application

username\password is your databse username and password
a1 is your host string name

best regards

akram

Re: payroll software installation [message #305150 is a reply to message #302888] Sun, 09 March 2008 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomasscaria
Hi,
Use citrix to publish the application to the clients. There will be ease of using network printers through citrix.
Re: installation [message #305259 is a reply to message #302888] Mon, 10 March 2008 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shalin
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
It is very useful and informative.One more doubt.
Should I have to install Oracle developer suite-client at all the client workstations or only on the server?

Regards,
Kiran

Re: installation [message #305276 is a reply to message #305259] Mon, 10 March 2008 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood you correctly, I believe you are lost - you don't need to install Developer Suite at all! Your users are not developers, are they?

So, all they need is a web browser; they will access the application via LAN and noone of them needs any Oracle software at all (except Java Initiator, but that's a simple-few-seconds-one-time installation).
Re: Payroll software installation [message #306233 is a reply to message #302888] Thu, 13 March 2008 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shalin
Thanks friends.Now I got some idea.

Re: Payroll software installation [message #306235 is a reply to message #306233] Thu, 13 March 2008 06:50 Go to previous message
bbaz

Good Shalin,

Glad to know that the posts helped. Please mention the steps that you followed so that others can benefit more from this thread in the future.

All the best,
Baz
Previous Topic: oracle pr
Next Topic: Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:26:48 CDT 2024