Home » Server Options » Data Guard » problem with Next log sequence
problem with Next log sequence [message #240361] Thu, 24 May 2007 12:24 Go to next message
DreamzZ
Hi
I configured Real time Dg. But there is Problem in Next log sequence on standby it shows 0 ,although i checked it by creating a table on primary and then i checked it on standby it was there.

Primary
SQL>  archive log list
Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            /u40/oracle/flps/oraarc
Oldest online log sequence     159
Next log sequence to archive   168
Current log sequence           168

Standby
SQL> archive log list
Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            /u40/oracle/flps/oraarc
Oldest online log sequence     159
Next log sequence to archive   0--------------------->>>not as primay
Current log sequence           168

But Mine Dg Works well.
Any recomendations for this???
Re: problem with Next log sequence [message #240552 is a reply to message #240361] Fri, 25 May 2007 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit_p_dixit

hi,

after setting the right parameters in pfile... u take the cold back for DRDB... at this time take the backup of datafiles and standby control files which u have created...don't take the backup of redo log file.... at switchover oracle will automatically make the redos 4 u...

try this solution it should work... u will get the next seq no at DR..

Amit
Re: problem with Next log sequence [message #240668 is a reply to message #240361] Fri, 25 May 2007 08:12 Go to previous message
mlgoins

That's good to know, because the documentation recommends that you backup the redo logs and copy them over to the standby database manually, to save time. See:

"The SQL ALTER DATABASE statement used to perform the switchover automatically creates online redo logs if they do not already exist. This might significantly increase the time required to complete the COMMIT operation. Therefore, Oracle Corporation recommends that you always manually add online redo logs to the target standby database when you create it.

"After you manually add the online redo logs, use the following SQL statement on the physical standby database that you want to transition to the primary role:

SQL> ALTER DATABASE COMMIT TO SWITCHOVER TO PRIMARY;"

See: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/role_management.htm#1024109
Previous Topic: MR(fg) WAIT_FOR_LOG why ?
Next Topic: Real Time Apply -- does it apply to DG 9.2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:50:56 CDT 2024