Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Setup Logical Database using Oracle enterprise manager Grid
Setup Logical Database using Oracle enterprise manager Grid [message #238408] Thu, 17 May 2007 20:46 Go to next message
tmathew
All,

I've few questions with setting up logical standby using OEM grid(10.2)

I need to set this up with maximum protection and maximum availablity. The document which I gone through is not telling anything about the standby redo logs creation or the physical database parmeter changes such as the redo transport services or buiding the dictionary in the redo data.

Or everything will be done by the OEM grid? In other words what would be the pre & post creation steps?

would someone who had done this thorugh OEM grid can help me please?

Or would you give me the instructions to setup the logical standby from a realtime database(with hot backup)

Thanks,,
mathew
Re: Setup Logical Database using Oracle enterprise manager Grid [message #238518 is a reply to message #238408] Fri, 18 May 2007 07:09 Go to previous message
tmathew
i would like to setup a logical standby database from the current production db. I think OEM grid is the easiet way of doing.I did checking the prerequisite conditions and make sure we don't have any unsupported data types and have primary keys available for all tables etc.

On OEM grid 10.2.0, it's not talking anything about any prerequisite checking or any post setups after creating logical stdy by

Please help

Thanks,

Mathew
Previous Topic: Data-Guard configuration details
Next Topic: pls help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:53:15 CDT 2024