Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » How to - Question about running App server on Linux
How to - Question about running App server on Linux [message #234453] Tue, 01 May 2007 11:47 Go to next message
Leonard Martin
Hi all
In our company, we have the App Server on Linux.
Now we need to develop a form on our local PC's. As I understand I need to send the form to the app server to be compiled. Our Config team says that in order to do this we need a tool to run X Windows (graphical) applications on the Linux server. Something they mentioned was Hummingbird software.
Now, why should this be done. Could I getaway without using a 3rd party tool.

If someone could help me in sorting out all this issue it would be great.
All we need to do is this.
Build a oracle forms application. The App server is setup on a Linux box.
So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Leonard
Re: How to - Question about running App server on Linux [message #234458 is a reply to message #234453] Tue, 01 May 2007 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
If you get desparate, you could try actually to Read The Fine Manuals found at http://tahiti.oracle.com/
In the future you should ALWAYS include software version out to four decimal places.
AFAIK, after doing a FULL Linux installation, you'll have all the X-tools you'll require.
Re: How to - Question about running App server on Linux [message #234755 is a reply to message #234453] Thu, 03 May 2007 02:09 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

Ur question shows that u r not running in GUI mode. m i right???

just do it like this way:

ftp ur form on linux server if it is just one r two forms then compiled them on linux server with logged in oracle user no need of GUI ok. if u want to do it with telnet from remote pc. just logged in with oracle user on Linux and lock the screen r a password protected screen saver on linux. and then telnet the server logged in with oracle user from remote pc and compiled them with command

for oracle 9i rel 2 to 10g 9.0.4

f90genm userid=<userid>/<password>@alias Module=abc.fmb Module_type=Form

for 10g Rel 2

frmcmp userid=<userid>/<password>@alias Module=abc.fmb Module_type=Form

it is also for solaris.

It was a shortcut. ok

Legal is that just configured a dummpy printer on linux/solaris and without any logged in on server just telnet and compile them.

Zeeshan Ali AWan
zesh@inbox.com
Previous Topic: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH
Next Topic: ORA-12154:TNS:could not resolve service name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:17:51 CDT 2024