Home » Server Options » Data Guard » problems in failover of physical standby in MaxAvailAbility Mode
problems in failover of physical standby in MaxAvailAbility Mode [message #211475] Thu, 28 December 2006 20:56 Go to next message
vipin_doshi

Hi all,

Whenever i try to failover I get this error in MaxAvailAbility Mode.The Failover command exit from dataguard broker command line interace with message 'can not activate physical standby database'.How to get rid of this problem..I am performing failover after removing network cable from primary.These are the messages from alert.log.

Warning: log 2 of thread 1 is being archived or modified
Activate standby database received error 261
ORA-261 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE ACTIVATE PHYSICAL STANDBY DATABASE ...

does anyhave any suggestion for this problem?

Thanks,
Vipin Doshi

[Updated on: Thu, 28 December 2006 21:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problems in failover of physical standby in MaxAvailAbility Mode [message #211548 is a reply to message #211475] Fri, 29 December 2006 05:58 Go to previous message
ualual
Vipin

just a suggestion,

1st can you plug the PRIMARY back into the network and see if the standby can synchronize with the primary.

the primary or standby does not see the dead connection with the server and is waiting for redo info.

start looking into

SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME (Dead Connection Detection)
+ tcp_ip_abort_interval (default=480000, 8 mins. on Solaris)
+ tcp_rexmit_interval_max (def.=1 min)

Changing the tcp_keep_alive setting to a lower number will improve this timing but is usually not feasible to apply to the whole system.
Previous Topic: Oracle CDC
Next Topic: Information on archive log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:12:33 CDT 2024