Home » Server Options » Data Guard » max protection
max protection [message #210627] Thu, 21 December 2006 10:12 Go to next message
maoro
hello
i created a standby database for DR purposes, by default when the log file is full it is archived and shipped to the standby database
but if the log file is like 100 MB and it takes a week for a log switch to occur, it means that there is a week of difference between the primary site and the standby site
am i right?
in case that is true do i have to change protection mode ?
and how
thanks
Re: max protection [message #210642 is a reply to message #210627] Thu, 21 December 2006 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivnp

Configure standby redo logs, user LGWR to synhronously archive to standby redo logs and then set standby DB for maximum availability ( or maximum protection as per your business requirements).

Well , also make sure that you have bandwidth ( and fast too) available from primary to standby .

That way frequency of logswitching does not matter.

Srini
Re: max protection [message #210918 is a reply to message #210627] Sat, 23 December 2006 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maoro
HELLO
is it LGRW that archive the redo logs or LGRW,
i guess LGRW will write synchronically to the primary redo logs and the standby logs ??
thanks
Re: max protection [message #211417 is a reply to message #210627] Thu, 28 December 2006 09:41 Go to previous message
maoro
hello
i configured standby redo logs on the standby server,
also have set the log_archive_dest_2 parameter to service=stdby LGWR mandatory on the primary database,enabled,
also on the standby database i changed the protection mode
ALTER DATABASE SET STANDBY DATABASE TO MAXIMIZE protection,
but still i can do ddl or dml on the primary database even if i unplug the network cable from the standby
what could be wrong
i know in maximum protection mode i cant commit any transaction on the primary unless it is shipped to the standby redos
thank you
oracle9i win2003
Previous Topic: decrease physical standby failover time
Next Topic: standby redo logs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:56:42 CDT 2024