Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Optimizing multiple concurrent sessions on Discoverer
Optimizing multiple concurrent sessions on Discoverer [message #195733] Mon, 02 October 2006 00:27
adeli
Hi,

I have set up the 10.1.2.0.2 application server on a machine running Windows 2003 Server (the machine has 2GB of main memory). I am only interested in having users connecting to Discoverer Plus. At this point I have an existing application where users click a button, the Internet explorer is launched and the users directly connect to Discoverer.

My question is: I want to have about 60 concurrent users. Is there a parameter that I need to optimize? I run the checkdiscoverer.bat executable and got the following message:

"Checking the amount of Windows heap allocated for non interactive services...
Heap memory size = 512 KB
The amount of memory allocated seems to be less. You will not be able to start
many concurrent discoverer sessions.
The amount of heap allocated can be increased by modifying the 'SharedSection'
part of "Windows" registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems"

I have checked the above registy key and in my machine it is
set up at: SharedSection=1024,3072,512

Can there be any potential problem by lowering the 512 value in the above registry key? I tried using a value of 64, but still get the above message after a reboot of the system. Is there another change that I need to perform?

Thank you
Previous Topic: Automated Startup/Shutdown for Multi Tier 11i Apps env?
Next Topic: how to know the client IP address in 9iAS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:07:34 CDT 2024