Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » How can an Oracle9i Lite DB receive connections via JDBC?
How can an Oracle9i Lite DB receive connections via JDBC? [message #91896] Mon, 14 July 2003 16:10
Haralambos S.
I have not really experienced with accessing Oracle from Java, so here is a short description of the problem:

I haven't yet figured out how is a database listening for connections. I think that the use of Listeners is for this job but I have not yet been able to configure them right for enabling access from a Java program. All these terms like SID are quite confusing and I don't know when to use each.

My database is Oracle9i Lite and called "harris_db". I am using JDeveloper9i and the Thin driver is used for accessing the database. The database is local and I am not sure whether I am supposed to use only TCP, IPC or both protocols. Do I need a Name Server? Also, what should be the database URL? I know that is should have the following format "Oracle:thin@..." but don't know exactly.

Sorry for all those questions, but I am trying to find a way, I am really confused...!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Previous Topic: Not able to connect to Oracle 9i database from Java 1.3 code
Next Topic: Export XML from oracle table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:17 CDT 2024