Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Oracle XSQL
Oracle XSQL [message #91691] Fri, 10 January 2003 12:50 Go to next message
David
I want to start using Oracle XSQL and I can't seem to get started. I've configured it correctly (at least I think I have) but I don't know where to save my .xslq files or how to get it to execute my queries.
Re: Oracle XSQL [message #91706 is a reply to message #91691] Wed, 15 January 2003 10:19 Go to previous message
Pete Rigano
You can run xsql either via the web server or the command line. If you run it via the web server (part of iAS), then you enter your URL into the browser. It'll look something like this:

http://yourhost/xsql/test.xsql

If it's all configured then the XML results will be displayed in the browser. Browsers will display XML differently so you may want to "view" the XML source to see what's up. You'll need to modify XSQLConfig.xml to set up your database connection (see <connectiondefs> in the file for examples). If you go this route then you'll either have to define a virtual directory for you xsql file directory or put them in the document root (I think). I'm using apache and defined an alias to my xsql document directory like this:

Alias /xsql/ "D:xsql/"

The command line version requires that some environment variables be set (classpath comes to mind). Your files can be anywhere you want for the command line version.

hth,
pr
Previous Topic: Problems when trying to run a java application
Next Topic: JInitiator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:38:02 CDT 2024