Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Connecting to Oracle using Java API
Connecting to Oracle using Java API [message #91543] Tue, 29 October 2002 14:14 Go to next message
Mihajlo
I'm fairly new to Oracle, but what I'm trying to do should be straight forward (at least that's what I thought). I'm simply trying to connect to an Oracle database using the latest java API (J2SE 1.4.1).
I downloaded JDBC OCI (type 2) driver form the Oracle Web site along with the appropriate DLL; however when I try to run the following two lines

String dbUrl = "jdbc:oracle:oci8:@test";
String user = "user";
String password = "password";
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, user, password);

I get the following error message:

"java.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point slzsetevar could not be located in the dynamic link library oracore8.dll."

Please note that I am running under Windows 2000 Pro, have Oracle Client 8.1.5 installed, and am able to connect to the same Oracle database using ODBC and PowerBuilder native drivers.

Then I read somewhere that I should use 8.1.7 version of the Oracle client software, so I downloaded it from the Oracle Web site. However when I try to install it under Windows 2000 (by double-clicking on the setup.exe) nothing happens!!!

Any ideas?!
Re: Connecting to Oracle using Java API [message #91712 is a reply to message #91543] Fri, 17 January 2003 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant kadam
Yeh,I am too having the same exact problem for OCI driver. I also tried installing 8.1.7 but fails to install. I removed all registry enteries but still the same problem.
While making a connection from java it throws a system error saying that can't find oracore8.dll file. In my oracle client installation of 9.0 there's no file with such a name. Any ideas what should be done ??

Prashant
Re: Connecting to Oracle using Java API [message #92062 is a reply to message #91543] Mon, 23 February 2004 18:33 Go to previous message
kkarthik
nice
Previous Topic: Unsubscribe
Next Topic: ORA-0650 Error !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:34:33 CDT 2024