Home » Other » Training & Certification » Oracle MySQL exam 1Z0-883 (Latest version. Linux & Windows I suppose.)
Oracle MySQL exam 1Z0-883 [message #644314] Tue, 03 November 2015 04:04 Go to next message
ahudspith71
Hi All,

Iv just got back from 2 weeks vacation... and BOOM!... find out that the company I work for have booked me in for this exam next week and "it should be easy to pass it".

https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=653&get_params=p_id:260

Um...

So Im wondering if anyone can point me to any crash course notes online. Preferably free as Im not even sure if I can raise a PO in the short time available.

PS - I dont want brain dumps or anything else that may infringe on the rules. Just recommended study guides.

Think Im in for a few busy evenings.

About me. Im an Oracle DBA of about 20 years. OCP. I can "deal with" SQLServer if I need to. I have almost no MySQL to draw up upon.

Thanks to all in advance that reply.

Adam
Re: Oracle MySQL exam 1Z0-883 [message #644334 is a reply to message #644314] Tue, 03 November 2015 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Unfortunately, you are not going to find anything legitimate on this exam (yet). There was a book that Steve O'Hearn was planning to write... but ultimately decided not to. Todd Farmer (http://mysqlblog.fivefarmers.com/2013/10/15/exam-cram-preparing-for-the-mysql-5-6-certification-exams/) was planning to write a series of blog posts about preparing for the exam... but not much has been done on that in the two years since he announced his intention. This test (and 1Z0-882) is on my list of study guides to write, but I'm an Oracle dude rather than a MySQL one... so I have pushed both MySQL exams to the back of the queue.

At this point, my suggestion would be to download the documentation to an e-reader, look over the exam topics from the Oracle Certification site and plan on doing a lot of reading for the next couple of weeks.
Re: Oracle MySQL exam 1Z0-883 [message #644338 is a reply to message #644334] Tue, 03 November 2015 09:03 Go to previous message
ahudspith71
Thanks Matt,

Thats pretty much what Id planned on doing. You can see the syllabus notes on the Oracle Education site to work from.

Other comments Iv seen hint that study focus should concentrate on the proprietary components Oracle has added rather than play around with MariaDB. Makes sense I suppose.

63% passing score... thats more generous than I was expecting.
Previous Topic: Oracle Database Foundations Certified Junior Associate
Next Topic: 1Z0-068
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:47:10 CDT 2024