Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Standby Database Question
Standby Database Question [message #54750] Tue, 03 December 2002 01:29 Go to next message
Nova
I am running Standby database in oracle 8i for sun solaris. If i resize my datafile at primary database
should i resize same datafile at standby database ?,

but the problem , i can not resize datafile at standby database with error message ORA-01109:Database Not Open

can any one help me , Great Thanks'
Re: Standby Database Question [message #54778 is a reply to message #54750] Wed, 04 December 2002 08:10 Go to previous message
sharan alva
The reason why you are getting the error on the standby is because it is obviously not open.

When you resize the datafile on the primary it will propagate across to the standby.

After resizing on the primary side, switch the logs and then recover the standby to apply the logs and then issue the query

select file#, status, name, bytes from v$datafile where file#=filenumber;

You should see the same value as that of the primary. However ensure the you have enough space on the standby for the resize.
- Hope this helps

If you have messed up the datafile on the standby take a hotbackup of the datafile on the primary and then ftp it over to the standby and recover it.
Previous Topic: Standby database setup
Next Topic: Standby database managed recover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:23:30 CDT 2024