Home » Other » Training & Certification » why no Oracle database books in 'Apple iBook Store'? (Oracle 11g)
why no Oracle database books in 'Apple iBook Store'? [message #604123] Tue, 24 December 2013 04:44 Go to next message
rc3d
Hi

There are no Oracle Press books in iBooks Store. Also Matthew Morris didn't publish there. Why? I see only "no name" Oracle books

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBooks

I thought that a lot of Oracle guys OS X users?
Re: why no Oracle database books in 'Apple iBook Store'? [message #604145 is a reply to message #604123] Tue, 24 December 2013 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
Also Matthew Morris didn't publish there. Why?

My ebooks are only available on Amazon because I am enrolled in their "KDP Select" program. This program requires that my books be solely available on Amazon's platform. I don't really care for that restriction, but its the only way that I can make my books available on their lending program where people that have an Amazon Prime membership can borrow my books for free.

I get about half the royalties for a borrow as for someone buying my book. However, I have an enormously optimistic hope behind doing so. Making certification-safe study materials for the exams available free of charge to individuals via Kindle-borrowing and also on my website might convince some people to use legitimate materials to study for exams when they would otherwise have sought and used brain dumps.

Probably not... but it's nice to dream.

Since there is a Kindle-app for pretty much all readers -- including the iPad, I'm not excluding people using those devices from accessing the electronic versions of my books.
Re: why no Oracle database books in 'Apple iBook Store'? [message #604244 is a reply to message #604145] Thu, 26 December 2013 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
Are all your guide only available at Amazon and P/B India? The paper version not available in local (physical) bookstore?
Re: why no Oracle database books in 'Apple iBook Store'? [message #604257 is a reply to message #604244] Thu, 26 December 2013 22:18 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

The only bookstore that I know stocks the book in India is Computer Bookshop (I) Pvt. Ltd. in Mumbai. That said, they basically buy the book from Pothi retail and then charge a bit more. For example, my 1Z0-047 book is Rs.549.00 from Pothi but Rs.625.00 from CBS. The only reason I know about them is that they contacted me and asked about publishing rights. Other bookstores may do the same.

In addition, about a month ago CreateSpace changed their policy for extended distribution. They stopped charging authors to submit books for distribution beyond Amazon. This has vastly broadened the locations that the guides will be available in. For example, my books are now available at www.barnseandnoble.com and www.booksamillion.com. Theoretically the books are available in dozens of places that they was not previously. I'm not informed of specifically who is selling my book through ED though. I only know about B&N and BAM because I checked them to make sure that extended distribution was really working.
Previous Topic: Oracle Applications Financial Online Training in Hyderabad, Bangalore,
Next Topic: DB Performance Tuning Class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:34:20 CDT 2024