Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 11g Installation (merged) (Oracle version 11.1.0.7.0, Windows 7 ultimate)
Oracle 11g Installation (merged) [message #603991] Sun, 22 December 2013 04:53 Go to next message
GaneshAnanth
Hi Gurus,

Am getting the attached error while installing Oracle 11.1.0.7.0 in Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Re: Oracle 11g Installation [message #603992 is a reply to message #603991] Sun, 22 December 2013 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martijn
Hi Ganesh,

You're in the wrong subforum I guess.
Maybe you or the moderators can move the thread to Server Administration.

Also, personally (but that is just me), I do not like to open attachements from sources that I do not know.
If more people feel like this, you likely do not get much answers. Maybe you can add the relevant parts of the attachement to the post.

Oracle 11g Installation [message #603993 is a reply to message #603991] Sun, 22 December 2013 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaneshAnanth
Hi Gurus,

Am getting the below error while installing Oracle 11.1.0.7.0 in Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

Could you please help me on this.

Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant":
Command = C:\Windows\system32\cmd /c call C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1/bin/netca.bat /orahome
C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1 /orahnam OraDb11g_home4 /instype typical /inscomp client,oraclenet,javavm,server,ano /insprtcl tcp,nmp /cfg local /authadp NO_VALUE /nodeinfo NO_VALUE /responseFile
C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1\network\install\netca_typ.rsp

Configuration assistant "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant":
Command = C:\Windows\system32\cmd /c call C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1/bin/netca.bat /orahome C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1 /orahnam OraDb11g_home4 /instype typical /inscomp client,oraclenet,javavm,server,ano /insprtcl tcp,nmp /cfg local /authadp NO_VALUE /nodeinfo NO_VALUE /responseFile C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1\network\install\netca_typ.rsp

Configuration assistant "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with passwords (if any) before executing the same.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Ganesh
Re: Oracle 11g Installation [message #603994 is a reply to message #603992] Sun, 22 December 2013 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
martijn wrote on Sun, 22 December 2013 10:58
Hi Ganesh,

You're in the wrong subforum I guess.
Maybe you or the moderators can move the thread to Server Administration.

Also, personally (but that is just me), I do not like to open attachements from sources that I do not know.
If more people feel like this, you likely do not get much answers. Maybe you can add the relevant parts of the attachement to the post.

+1for this, topic moved
Re: Oracle 11g Installation [message #603995 is a reply to message #603993] Sun, 22 December 2013 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
The "C:\app\rajnish mishra\product\11.1.0\db_1\cfgtoollogs\configToolFailedCommands" script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants outside of OUI.

1/ Post these ones
2/ Execute them outside OUI and post the execution listing.

Re: Oracle 11g Installation [message #603996 is a reply to message #603993] Sun, 22 December 2013 05:59 Go to previous message
martijn
Well the logging you supply is from the installer process. This is not very revealing to me.
I'm not sure whether netca (Network Configuration Assistant) creates more verbose output. But it's worth to do some searching for it.

If you can not find any, just step over this configuration phase. You can pretty easily create network configuration by hand yourself.
Previous Topic: Restricting characters in a UTF8 database
Next Topic: tablespace monitoring script - used% should show 100%
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:07:06 CDT 2024