Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Synchronize data between two database. (Oracle database 10g)
Synchronize data between two database. [message #589159] Wed, 03 July 2013 00:14 Go to next message
dophuong_cs

Dear all,
Firstly, thank you very for support me always.
Now i have one problem. I have two database oracle 10g and install on two server (call is A and B).
I already create database link between two database. Each database has over 200 tables.
Basically structure two database is same, but database A have data real time, database B is stand by server.
Now i want to synchronize all data of database A to database B. What should i do?
Please support me to solve this problem.
Re: Synchronize data between two database. [message #589162 is a reply to message #589159] Wed, 03 July 2013 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Standby database?

Regards
Michel
Re: Synchronize data between two database. [message #589166 is a reply to message #589162] Wed, 03 July 2013 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mitra.kausik
If you are using Standby DB so data already getting applied to the stanbdy DB via archive files provided u hv the correct parameter setting in init<sid>/spfile<sid>.ora file.

If it is not the case then I believe u would need to do the following

Take a full database export from A with consistent=y import into B.

And then consider having triggers written on those tables in A such that any operations getting replicated to B.

Again if A is a production DB then configuring B as a Physical/logical (whichever is applicable)standby DB is more effective than having triggers from a performance point of view.

If you are having 11G then standby can also be used for reporting purposes (open read only) besides applying redo.

For a step by step standby configuration check the following link

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/data-guard-setup-11gr2.php
Re: Synchronize data between two database. [message #589302 is a reply to message #589159] Thu, 04 July 2013 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dophuong_cs

Thank you very much for your reply.
However i want to synchronize data between two database, now what should i do?
If we use trigger on each table of database A, risk very much.
Therefore, please advise me other solution to synchronize data between two database.
Re: Synchronize data between two database. [message #589307 is a reply to message #589302] Thu, 04 July 2013 03:49 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
what exactly is the standby database being used for?
Previous Topic: Materialized View Issue
Next Topic: Schema stats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:26:01 CDT 2024