Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » DB Connection Error Ora-03114 (Oracle application Server 10.2 , Oracle DB 10g Clustered, Linux 6.1 for database server , windows 2003 64bit for application server)
DB Connection Error Ora-03114 [message #536315] Tue, 20 December 2011 04:53 Go to next message
RAY_HT
dear Sir ,

i have production environment contains 2 application servers and 2 clustered database server to run application developed by oracle forms .

Now , one of the application servers when user try to start the application and connect to Database , ora-03114 raise , but not all the time , some trials success to connect and someother fail!!!!!!

the other application server is working well with same configurations and in same range of netwrok.

i tried to reinstall OS , Application server , reconfigure it but the same error occures!!!!

can u help please urgently??

Re: DB Connection Error Ora-03114 [message #536416 is a reply to message #536315] Tue, 20 December 2011 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAY_HT
any help please?
Re: DB Connection Error Ora-03114 [message #536450 is a reply to message #536416] Wed, 21 December 2011 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm far from being an expert here, but - as noone replied yet, here you are.

This is what Oracle says (I'm sure you already read it):
Quote:

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Cause: A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.

Action: Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check the program.

As another server works just fine, obviously - the same program should work the same way on exactly the same platforms. So, could it be that communication doesn't work properly? Did you check whether network cables are properly plugged in? Could you switch servers' network cards (or plug in a spare one, if you have it)?
Re: DB Connection Error Ora-03114 [message #536612 is a reply to message #536450] Wed, 21 December 2011 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAY_HT
Thanks sir for your reply , regarding trouble shooting of the server network communication , i already tried to (change cables , change router port , change the netwrok card ) but error still recure !!!

yes , it's user written aaplication but i was written 5 years and updated repeatedly and same version that working on the other server .

i still think that the issue is one of the following :

1- Netwrok connectivity
2- Cluster Software connection management

can u please tell me how to ensure the root cause..

also , i'd like to say that if user make trials , one of it make success connection and some other fail
Re: DB Connection Error Ora-03114 [message #536634 is a reply to message #536612] Thu, 22 December 2011 00:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, your problems are out of my knowledge. Hopefully, someone else will be able to assist.
Previous Topic: Installation of fusion middle ware 11.1.1.3 on windows server 2008-64 bit
Next Topic: The page cannot be displayed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:29:11 CDT 2024