Home » Server Options » Data Guard » How to delete the archive log on the standby ? (Oracle rdbms 9i (9208) ,Linux ES)
How to delete the archive log on the standby ? [message #512310] Sat, 18 June 2011 13:23 Go to next message
copernicus
Hello,

We are planning to setup a data guard (Maximum performance configuration ) between two Oracle 9i databases on two different servers.

The archive logs on the primary servers are deleted via a RMAN job bases on a policy , just wondering how I should delete the archive logs that are shipped to the standby.

Is putting a cron job on the standby to delete archive logs that are say 2 days old the proper approach or is there a built in data guard option that would some how allow archive logs that are no longer needed or are two days old deleted automatically.

thanks,
C.
Re: How to delete the archive log on the standby ? [message #512311 is a reply to message #512310] Sat, 18 June 2011 13:52 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
The archive logs on the primary servers are deleted via a RMAN job bases on a policy , just wondering how I should delete the archive logs that are shipped to the standby.

In the same way: use the same RMAN commands (assuming you use a RMAN catalog as both the primary and standby have the same id and so are seen as the same database from RMAN).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Dataguard over a WAN US to UK
Next Topic: Adding Control file after switching Standby role
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:03:57 CDT 2024