Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager (Oracle WebLogic Server (10.3.4), Oracle Fusion Middleware (11.1.1.4) - RHEL5 Linux)
Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager [message #499062] Sun, 13 March 2011 03:57 Go to next message
jaramill
Okay here's my setup on both my DEV and TEST environments:

O/S: RHEL5 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
WebLogic Server: Oracle WLS 10.3.4
Application Server: Oracle Fusion Middleware: 11.1.1.4

I just upgraded from WLS 10.3.2 to .3, then .4 and also upgraded the Fusion Middleware (which comes with Forms/Reports) from 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.4.
When I upgraded everything, I cannot access the Enterprise Manager via: localhost.localdomain:7001/em

So I checked the "Deployments" via the WebLogicServer Administration Console: localhost.localdomain:7001/console and sure enough the 'em' deployment is in either a "Failed" or "Prepared" state, along with 'formsconfigbeans' in a 'Failed' state. Once I try to restart both failed deployments the appear to start but then revert back to the "failed" state.

Now looking at the logs the error I see is:

#<Mar 12, 2011 11:46:39 PM PST> <Error> <Deployer> <webapp_test.directv.com> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <0000IuiB^bVF8DWFLzqIOA1DV7PO000000> <1300002399037> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'em' due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: '/em'.
weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: '/em'
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:393)

Then the cause:

Caused By: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/adfinternal/view/faces/bi/taglib/hierarchyViewer/SearchResultsTag : org/apache/myfaces/trinidadinternal/taglib/UIXCollectionTag
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

At this point I'm stuck. I've searched the forums and Googled everywhere but can't seem to find someone who had the same issue I did. I see others with the problem but the cause of their problem(s) is not mine.

This is after I shutdown all the WLS servers in both DEV/TEST environments and then proceeded to upgrade. I'll call Oracle Support on Monday but for now wanted to see if anyone had this issue.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2011 04:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager [message #567803 is a reply to message #499062] Fri, 05 October 2012 08:45 Go to previous message
misterwalrus
Hello,
Were you able to fix that error. I am installing wls 10.3.5 with FMW 11.1.1.5 and I am having the same error.
Thank you very much,
andres
Previous Topic: Running Forms 10.1.2.0.2 on WIndows XP and 7 64-Bit Client PCs
Next Topic: owa_match package missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:43:16 CDT 2024