Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Need help with dataguard installation (win, Oracle 10g Rel2)
icon14.gif  Need help with dataguard installation [message #475369] Tue, 14 September 2010 11:57 Go to next message
ultgnp

Hi,

I am planning to use Data Guard facility in Oracle 10g database. Could someone please answer few of my queries:

1) I would like to have a standby database, which can be used if the primary goes down and also for reporting and other queries (read-Only).

2) Please explain me in simple words the difference between Physical and Logical standby database. I have to explain non-technical users (management) regarding this.

3) What is Sync and Async redo log apply?

4) When i manipulate data (Insert,Delete,Update) in logical standby database, will these changes reflect in Primary database synchronously?

5) Which type of REDO APPLY is better: Managed Recovery Process(MRP) or Real Time Apply(RTA)?

6) can the redo data be deleted if its obsolete or is it deleted automatically by oracle?

7) If i want to take backup, should i take it from primary or standby database? If standby, then the database should be in which mode (Read-only or Recovery Mode)

Best Regards,
Re: Need help with dataguard installation [message #475370 is a reply to message #475369] Tue, 14 September 2010 12:05 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Data Guard Concepts and Administration

FIRST read the documentation, THEN come back if you have any question.
There is no reason to answer here to RTFM questions.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: how to apply archives in standby
Next Topic: Performance problem on Data Guard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:15:29 CDT 2024