Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Problem with ojdbc14.jar (JDK 1.5 ,Windows 2000,Oracle 10.2.0.1.0)
Problem with ojdbc14.jar [message #406678] Fri, 05 June 2009 06:14
abhiv

Hi,

We have a J2ee application installed on JBoss4.0.4 and Oracle10g as the database. We have used ojdbc14.jar as my database driver. We have used PL/SQL.
Our problem is that in one of our standalone procedures, we receive a string of values from database exceeding 4500 characters. It is declared as Long data type, as an out parameter in the procedure.
When i try to execute it from front end it gives an error saying "Character buffer too small". This string has to be passed to another procedure from front end as an input parameter (declared as varchar2).

When i use the same code with classes12.jar it works perfectly fine. However, I cannot use classes12.jar as I am not allowed to change the driver as this could impact other code.

The same problem can be solved using Array or some other data types but this will result in changing code at many places.

Can you let me know what may be the exact problem?
Can you help me with getting rid of the error without changing the driver and the code?

Thanks in Advance.
Previous Topic: what is OA Framework ???
Next Topic: JDeveloper - generating Java code from PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:33:20 CDT 2024