Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Re: converting Access query to SQL (for oracle)
Re: converting Access query to SQL (for oracle) [message #373010] Thu, 22 March 2001 07:30 Go to next message
Prem
Brad, try this SQL

SELECT TBL_CIT.CIT_ID,
TBL_CIT_DESC.CIT_DESC,
TBL_CIT_INTERNAL_NOTES.CIT_INTERNAL_NOTES,
TBL_CIT_RESOLUTION.CIT_RESOLUTION,
TBL_CIT_WORK_LOG.CIT_WORK_LOG,
TBL_CIT_WORKAROUND.CIT_WORKAROUND,
TBL_CIT.ABSTRACT,
TBL_CIT.CIT_NUMBER
FROM TBL_CIT,
TBL_CIT_DESC,
TBL_CIT_INTERNAL_NOTES,
TBL_CIT_RESOLUTION,
TBL_CIT_WORK_LOG,
TBL_CIT_WORKAROUND
WHERE TBL_CIT.CIT_ID = TBL_CIT_DESC.CIT_ID (+)
AND TBL_CIT.CIT_ID = TBL_CIT_INTERNAL_NOTES.CIT_ID (+)
AND TBL_CIT.CIT_ID = TBL_CIT_RESOLUTION.CIT_ID (+)
AND TBL_CIT.CIT_ID = TBL_CIT_WORK_LOG.CIT_ID (+)
AND TBL_CIT.CIT_ID = TBL_CIT_WORKAROUND.CIT_ID (+)

hth

Prem :)
Re: converting Access query to SQL (for oracle) [message #373016 is a reply to message #373010] Thu, 22 March 2001 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad
Thanks MUCH for your efforts, but I tried this before. It only results in 70 records out of thousands. Any ideas why this isn't returning the complete list?

-Brad-
Re: converting Access query to SQL (for oracle) [message #373043 is a reply to message #373010] Fri, 23 March 2001 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad
Actually your previous SQL statement worked. I found out there is a buffer size in my Perl module Win32::ODBC that was killing things if it hit any record with collumn data over 10K in size. Increasing this buffer to 50K allowed all records to be retrieved. Thanks MUCH for your help!
Re: converting Access query to SQL (for oracle) [message #373044 is a reply to message #373010] Fri, 23 March 2001 13:01 Go to previous message
Brad
Actually your previous SQL statement worked. I found out there is a buffer size in my Perl module Win32::ODBC that was killing things if it hit any record with collumn data over 10K in size. Increasing this buffer to 50K allowed all records to be retrieved. Thanks MUCH for your help!
Previous Topic: sql script help !!!
Next Topic: OCP questions / Study circle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 07:56:13 CDT 2024