Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Re: query output to excel file using jdbc.
Re: query output to excel file using jdbc. [message #372942] Mon, 19 March 2001 13:49 Go to next message
sverch
SET HEADING OFF
SET PAGESIZE 1000
SET LINESIZE 1000
SPOOL file_name
-- execute your query
SPOOL OFF
open your file an Excel and format it
Re: query output to excel file using jdbc. [message #372950 is a reply to message #372942] Mon, 19 March 2001 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shravan
Hello,

Thank you for giving the reply. But using this i think all the text visible on the sql prompt will be spooled to the excel sheet. And apart from this i need to format the excel sheet. But the requirements demand me to just output the query results to the excel sheet. And this excel sheet must be in a usable state ie. it can be mailed to any one without formating it. All this happens in one application. Although i am able to do everything except for generating the excel sheet with just the required output. I hope i made myself clear. Waiting for your reply,

Regards,
Shravan bharadwaj
Re: query output to excel file using jdbc. [message #372951 is a reply to message #372942] Mon, 19 March 2001 21:53 Go to previous message
shravan
Hello,

Thank you for giving the reply. But using this i think all the text visible on the sql prompt will be spooled to the excel sheet. And apart from this i need to format the excel sheet. But the requirements demand me to just output the query results to the excel sheet. And this excel sheet must be in a usable state ie. it can be mailed to any one without formating it. All this happens in one application. Although i am able to do everything except for generating the excel sheet with just the required output. I hope i made myself clear. Waiting for your reply,

Regards,
Shravan bharadwaj
Previous Topic: Ms Access LIKE Sub Select SQL
Next Topic: Oracle Navigator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 04:36:37 CDT 2024