Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » "recover standby database until cancel" in script
"recover standby database until cancel" in script [message #372765] Wed, 07 March 2001 11:18 Go to next message
Roland Cadrin
I'm trying to include the command "recover standby database until cancel" in an SQL script. The problem is, this command expects user input. Is there a way to get around this? We are running Oracle 8.0.5. Thanks.
Re: "recover standby database until cancel" in script [message #372780 is a reply to message #372765] Thu, 08 March 2001 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
priya
since "until cancel" option is used the command will expect the user to press "enter" key or type cancel. Try just "recover standby database;" since you are including it the script. Go thru the related ora doc and then try. HTH.

Priya
Re: "recover standby database until cancel" in script [message #372787 is a reply to message #372765] Fri, 09 March 2001 10:23 Go to previous message
Roland Cadrin
Thanks for responding to my question. I gave your suggestion a try, and it stopped with the same prompt. I've tried using every variation of this command, but I can't find a way of avoiding or getting past this prompt without human intervention.
Previous Topic: Building SQL string and need single quotes
Next Topic: date time and long number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 23:01:23 CDT 2024