Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Disabling primary Key
Disabling primary Key [message #372439] Tue, 13 February 2001 16:09 Go to next message
Ken
Hi there,
I've a primary key like MY_TAB.MY_ID, i need to drop this MY_TAB table, but MY_ID is a foreign key to another table.

To disable/drop the primary key, I need to first disable the foreign key references and then drop it.

Does anyone know which oracle table tells me what the foreign table is ?

Thanks,
Ken.
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372449 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY
There are two sets of data dictionary views for extracting information about the foreign keys:

SYS.???_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.???_CONS_COLUMNS

(??? is either USER or ALL)

These are the "public" sources.

There is a table called SYS.EXU8REFU which is faster, less easy to read, but contains only the foreign keys and provides information on both tables. (I use this table. ;-)

I hope it helps,

Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372450 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY
There are two sets of data dictionary views for extracting information about the foreign keys:

SYS.???_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.???_CONS_COLUMNS

There is a table called SYS.EXU8REFU which is faster, less easy to read, but contains only the foreign keys and provides information on both tables. (I use this table. ;-)

I hope it helps,

Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372451 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY

SYS.???_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.???_CONS_COLUMNS

I hope it helps,

Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372452 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY

SYS.???_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.???_CONS_COLUMNS

I hope it helps,

Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372453 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY

SYS.???_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.???_CONS_COLUMNS

I hope it helps,

Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372454 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balazs VISSY

SYS.ALL_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.ALL_CONS_COLUMNS

(Instead of ALL, you can use USER if you have not enough privilege)

I hope it helps,
Balage
Re: Disabling primary Key [message #372456 is a reply to message #372439] Wed, 14 February 2001 03:55 Go to previous message
Balazs VISSY

SYS.ALL_CONSTRAINTS
SYS.ALL_CONS_COLUMNS

(Instead of ALL, you can use USER if you have not enough privilege)

I hope it helps,
Balage
Previous Topic: Cursor
Next Topic: Re: Auto Increment Column?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:20:46 CDT 2024