Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Maximum number of tables in Oracle queries
Maximum number of tables in Oracle queries [message #372288] Tue, 30 January 2001 08:21 Go to next message
Pasc Ora
In T_SQL, the maximum number of tables is allowed in a In T_SQL, the maximum number of tables is allowed in a query is 256.
Does anyone knows if there is such a limitation with Oracle and what is this maximum for Oracle ?
Is there a limitation for queries on views ?

Thanks.
Re: Maximum number of tables in Oracle queries [message #372291 is a reply to message #372288] Wed, 31 January 2001 05:55 Go to previous message
Balazs VISSY
I don't know, if there are any restrictions. I am almost sure, there is a hypotitical limit, and I know it is more than 70. (A created a test query just for checking it.)

OTOH, I can't imagine a query, that contains more than 15-20 tables and could be handled easily. In my working experiance I can't find the need of use more than a dozen tables joined in a single query.

Balage

PS: There are other, rather hypothetical limits, for example at most 16 level of sub-queries.
Previous Topic: Oracle Batch Updataion
Next Topic: public database link error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 18:38:09 CDT 2024