Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Re: Error PLS-00452 - but why?! Can anybody explain this to me?
Re: Error PLS-00452 - but why?! Can anybody explain this to me? [message #371867] Fri, 15 December 2000 03:45 Go to next message
John R
I would hazard a guess that the function BITAND from the SYS.STANDARD package doesn't promise not to update the database (or possibly does update the database).

The only solutions I can think of are to use a different methd of random number generation, or (and I'd be lying if I said I thought this was a good idea) have a go at recompiling the Standard package header with an extra pragma on Bitand.
Re: Error PLS-00452 - but why?! Can anybody explain this to me? [message #371901 is a reply to message #371867] Mon, 18 December 2000 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sagar Pradhan
PLS-00452 Subprogram 'string' violates its associated pragma

Cause: A packaged function cannot be called from SQL statements unless its purity level is asserted by coding a RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma in the package specification. The pragma, which is used to control side effects, tells the PL/SQL compiler to deny the packaged function read/write access to database tables, public packaged variables, or both. A SQL statement that violates the pragma will cause a compilation error.

Action: Raise the purity level of the function, or relax the pragma restrictions.
Sorry? [message #371904 is a reply to message #371867] Tue, 19 December 2000 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir
I'm sorry, I didn't understand why you sent the Oracle description of error? I know everything what erite here. I already read many times this description from more than 5 sources. :(
But can you explaine in which place of package I broke (violate) associated pragma? Where functions use read/write access to database tables or packaged variables?

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Best regard, Vladimir!
Excuse me John. This message was for Sagar Pradhan. [message #371905 is a reply to message #371867] Tue, 19 December 2000 02:32 Go to previous message
Vladimir
Excuse me John. This message was for Sagar Pradhan.
Best regards, Vladimir
Previous Topic: How to execute select query in procedure with table name as parameter
Next Topic: help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 07:03:58 CDT 2024