Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card
I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card [message #371421] Tue, 17 October 2000 10:17 Go to next message
Prabhakar Allathur
Hi,
I need your help can please send me info about this that is
they want me to write two functions to store credit card number in encrypted manner
so that no one can see the credit card number and retrive the same in decripted manner

The functions are below but I'm not sure how to write the functions i.e., syntax so I request
you please help me out

(1) Function encrypt(IN credit card number) returns encrypted credit card number

(2) Function Decript (IN encrypt credit card number) return credit card number

Re: I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card [message #371424 is a reply to message #371421] Tue, 17 October 2000 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prem
Prabhakar,

Rather than reinventing the wheel, why not use the ones already available by oracle (unless you need a square wheel :)

Have a look at the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT package. It has an DESEncrypt and DESDecrypt procedures. It performs a 56 bit encryption which is good enough.

hth

Prem :)
Re: I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card [message #371425 is a reply to message #371424] Tue, 17 October 2000 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prabhakar Allathur
Thanks Prem I will try
Re: I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card [message #371430 is a reply to message #371424] Wed, 18 October 2000 07:09 Go to previous message
Prem
Marcus,

Look for these two files in your oracle directory. If they have not been executed, you can do so manually.

dbmsobtk.sql and prvtobtk.plb

For this, connect to SYS
run dbmsobtk.sql and prvtobtk.plb
Grant execute on dbms_obfuscation_toolkit to public

it should be part of oracle 8.1.6 installation set.

hth

Prem :)
Previous Topic: I need to write to a table.
Next Topic: Deleting/renaming file created by UTL_FILE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:28:11 CDT 2024