Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Deleting/renaming file created by UTL_FILE
Deleting/renaming file created by UTL_FILE [message #370758] Tue, 01 February 2000 05:57 Go to next message
Heidi
Occasionally when I need to delete/rename a file created by UTL_FILE I get a message saying "Cannot rename <FILENAME>: There has been a sharing violation. The source or destination may be in use". After some time (anywhere from one hour to one day) I succeed in deleting/renaming the file. I have used "Server Manager" to see if the file is used by another user/program, but that is not the case. I have also used the command utl_file.fclose (file_handle) in my procedure, so the file should be closed. Any suggestions?
Re: Deleting/renaming file created by UTL_FILE [message #371161 is a reply to message #370758] Sun, 10 September 2000 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dennis
I have this same problem on my network when manualy trying to rename or move files and folders. I thinks it's an NT problem. I have service pak 5 on the server and service pak 6 on the workstation. I haven't had a chance to upgrade the service pak on the server yet but will soon. Let me know if you find out one way or the other what the cause/solution is

Thanks!
Re: Deleting/renaming file created by UTL_FILE [message #371431 is a reply to message #370758] Wed, 18 October 2000 08:31 Go to previous message
Charles Bosquet
Have a look to SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.DELETEFILE procedure if you have this package in your version ... WARNING : It's not a UTL_FILE procedure :o)
Previous Topic: I need your help about encrypt and decrypt of credit card
Next Topic: Re: Query the name of the primary key of a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:45:48 CDT 2024