Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Encryption and Decryption
Encryption and Decryption [message #370053] Thu, 07 December 2000 00:34 Go to next message
saravanan
I am migrating SQLserver to Oracle 8i..
In SQL server they are handling migration part by accesing COM objects..

In Oracle I want to do the encryption part..
But there are 2 options which I know..
1. using dbms_obfuscation_toolkit
2. using dbms_crypto_toolkit

1.But while I am using dbms_obfuscation
I am having that key, I don't know where to keep that keep.. It should be make it as confidential.. How to do that???

2.If I am using crypto package means i have to install oracle security server and proceed further to do the encryption.. I think it will be tedious and takes more time..

Even in SQL procedures while we are creating stored procedures itself we can use encrypt option..

create or replace procedure pp with encrypt.....

Is there is any option is available in Oracle??

As I need very urgently... I need clarification immediately plz...
Re: Encryption and Decryption [message #370056 is a reply to message #370053] Thu, 07 December 2000 09:25 Go to previous message
Prem
saravanan,

when you say encrypting the stored procedure in sqlserver, thats different from the dbms_obfuscation_toolkit. If you need to encrypt the stored procedure, you'll have to use the wrapper utility available in your oracle_home\bin directory. You'll have to feed your procedure source sql file to this utility and it'll spit out an encrypted version which sql plus still recognises. Theres no way of getting your source back from a wrapped file, so you still have to maintain the source code somewhere. That way, your client will not be able to access the source code.

dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DesEncrypt and DesDecrypt are used to encrypt and decrypt a value and the key is a 16 bit string you can choose which is used to decrypt an encrypted message. Otherwise, how will oracle know that you are the person who encrypted it?

hope this helped. If not, let me know the exact problem

Prem :)
Previous Topic: about return
Next Topic: help .. sequence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:30:42 CDT 2024