Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » dbwr-slaves with assynchronous I/O
dbwr-slaves with assynchronous I/O [message #369537] Sun, 15 October 2000 17:07 Go to next message
Mara Kraiser
I am working in a datawarehouse environment running an Oracle version 8.0.6 on Sun Solaris with EMC storage solution.
I was told to set dbwr_slaves parameter to a number different from zero in order to optimize write operations but I used to think that it wasn't good to work with dbwr slaves and assynchronous I/O together because, somewhen, there could be a lack of synchrony with the data saved in the controllers buffer and, then, the database data could crash.
Is it really bad to work with assynchronous i/o and multiple dbwr slaves? If so or not, where can I find documentation about it?
Thanks in advance.
Re: dbwr-slaves with assynchronous I/O [message #369627 is a reply to message #369537] Mon, 20 November 2000 08:14 Go to previous message
tommy
My understanding of this topic is that if you are using async io you do not need the io slaves. There are several good documents on metalink related to this topic.
Previous Topic: anchored definition in type declaration
Next Topic: RE: Help with OFA and Express and GL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 15:01:15 CDT 2024