Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » help !!!!
help !!!! [message #369442] Fri, 22 September 2000 01:38 Go to next message
Shalini
I have installed oracle 8i on an NT server.
Everytime I try to run an export command, backup or recovery command, oracle gives me the following error message "not connected to the OMS. please connect to the OMS".I have tried installing the OMS but have not succeeded.what is an OMS repository?is it the same as EM repository? should I give the same name as that of my database?please help. Thank you for any suggestions.
(Iam a novice installing and learning oracle in the process)
Re: help !!!! [message #369444 is a reply to message #369442] Fri, 22 September 2000 11:42 Go to previous message
DaveM
Hi ! I am a novice too ! and have just installed 8.1.6 and OEM 2.1 on NT4 platform. If you are using the same then you will need to start the Intelligent Agent and OMS services on the server and in OEM set up the repository (see install docs) and set up the preferred credentials of the OEM user for the database. The preferred credentials for the Intelligent Agent (node) must match an operating system user with batch job login rights. I created an NT user called oradba with admin rights and advanced rights for batch job login and I can now export and import ! Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: Help! Need to create to a fixed width file
Next Topic: Re: Standard x Enterprise
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:47:13 CDT 2024