Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem in running Oracle server in MTS
Problem in running Oracle server in MTS [message #365573] Tue, 24 November 1998 23:22 Go to next message
Naba J Neog
When we try to run Oracle(8.0.3) server(single instance) in MTS mode it become very slow but it does not produce any trace file or alert. Presently we are running it in dedicated mode without any problem. We do not have large number of user also. Why we can not run it MTS ??? Earlier when we had Oracle 7.3.2 in that M/c & tried to run it in MTS oracle server crash as soon as two or three user log in.

M/c Configurations is as follows :
Oracle 8.0.3 server running in Dec Alpha 2100 with 512MB RAM and 20 GB hard disk in RAID 5.

We have another Oracle server(7.3.2) running successfuly in MTS in another Dec Alpha 400 with 128MB RAM but only difference is it does not have RAID.

Pl. help us out of this problem.

Naba
Thanks in advance .
Re: Problem in running Oracle server in MTS [message #365594 is a reply to message #365573] Sat, 23 January 1999 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vijay Kumar
Hi Naba,

The Crash about which you have discussed, what I think was not due to MTS configuration. Now in your present configuration machine, you can easily
run MTS. But it depands upon the type of job you are running i.e. For batch jobs Dedicated server type connection is used, while for OLTP( Online Transaction Processing) where you have small transactions, MTS is Used.

Best Of Luck
Vijay Kumar
Re: Problem in running Oracle server in MTS [message #365595 is a reply to message #365594] Sun, 24 January 1999 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naba J Neog
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply. Our Jobs are neither Batch nor OLTP, It is mixture of both. But what I
found out that server hangs(after changing to MTS) sometimes even after one user logs in. We have another Oracle server(7.3) running successfuly in another Dec Alpha where It is in MTS & theire jobs are more of OLTP nature(Actualy mixture of both). Difference between these two Oracle server is version - one is 7.3 and the other 10.0. Both are residing in different Dec Alpha (400 & 2100) & configuration wise Dec Alpha-2100 is having 500MB RAM and 20GB hard disk having RAID where is Dec Alpha -400 is only 128MB RAM & 4 GB hard disk without RAID.Oracle server(7.3) in Dec-Alpha-400 is running perfectly alright in MTS with 40 concurrent session daily from the begining. The other server (where we have problem) had problem of running in MTS even when it was in 7.3.

So what I think is - this could be a problem of RAID, because that is the only diference between the two Dec Alpha M/c. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again for the reply. Do Reply back.

Naba
Oracle-SCO Unix and IBM AIX [message #365752 is a reply to message #365573] Mon, 27 December 1999 17:23 Go to previous message
Ramiro Navarrete
We have Oracle Server(7.1.6) in SCO UNIX 2.1.2 and Forms 4.5 in AIX 4.2.1.
Can this configuration results???
Previous Topic: SQL Help
Next Topic: Creating columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:12:36 CDT 2024